The Freedman Archives

The following is a collection of letters written by Gary Freedman to his imagined friend.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Preface to The Freedman Archives

The Freedman Archives is a collection of (undelivered) letters that I wrote to my imaginary friend, Brian Patrick Brown in the years 2004 and 2005. Brian is in fact a real person; he is the branch librarian of the Cleveland Park Neighborhood library, in Washington, DC.

I draw your specific attention to the letter dated June 28, 2004 [The Genesis of an Obsession: Weaving Memoir from Theory and Experience. click here]. The letter discusses why I believe I came to be obsessed with Brian. My interest in Brian is not sexual (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm very lonely and I wish I had a friend I could talk to once in a while and maybe hang out with occasionally. There's no chance of my becoming Brian's real friend. I think he thinks I'm a nut job.

13 Comments:

Blogger Zon said...

hey freedman, its zon from sexsmooch, glad u liked it

Friday, 09 December, 2005  
Blogger CrossRef Search said...

Thanks from the other side of the ocean and holiday greetings to you, fred

Monday, 12 December, 2005  
Blogger Nicolas said...

hey man, i really liked your work.. congratullations ^^

Friday, 16 December, 2005  
Blogger CHILEAN BODY said...

Desde Antofagasta / Chile

muchas gracias

CAL

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola¡
Soy la chica del blog "Una chica con un poquito de porfavor".
Me ha hecho gracia saber que alguien me lee desde los E.E.U.U.
Mi intencion no era insultar a los estadounidenses sino criticar esa estupida ley de Pena de Muerte que teneis.
Besos desde España¡

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger AlexRex said...

emmmmhhhh...
bueno, gracias....
saludos desde Chile.
(no te cacho ni wea de lo que tienes escrito.... pero igual bkn!)

Suerte!

Wednesday, 21 December, 2005  
Blogger Rachel said...

Fascinating...I wish I had an imaginary friend whom I could write letter to.

Wednesday, 21 December, 2005  
Blogger Harold said...

Gary you realy have developed an amazing weblog,

You have developed on your own intellectual power and creativity an amazing weblog totally admitted to literature and psychologies; these writings about the inner world of your mind are reflecting on the emotional experiences and response of the outer world. All of maybe not existing persons you created; they are probably much more interesting than the people you meet in real life. I agree with some of the comments here, these writing are fabulous ;)

Tuesday, 27 December, 2005  
Blogger BrainSyke said...

Wowm awsome weblogs...anda sereis of them. How lonely are you ?:-)

Monday, 02 January, 2006  
Blogger Carla Ferreira said...

Obrigado pela visita ao meu blog.
Um excelente ano de 2006.

Tuesday, 03 January, 2006  
Blogger Nicolas said...

verryyyyyyy coollllll XDDDD
i will link youuu ^^

Saturday, 14 January, 2006  
Blogger bardseyeview said...

I thought my concept was unusual. I've always regarded strangeness as a key characteristic of serious art and your work certainly embodies that. A lot of lonely people will respond to your writing and be consoled, I think by it.

Yes I recall your too much food for thought comment - I think it's correct. Right now I'm rolling through Hamlet, taking a break from my more opinionated bard-based writing to try to share his artistry with new Shakespeareans.

Pleasure knowing you.

Jeremy

Monday, 23 January, 2006  
Blogger hugo said...

qué guapo. saludos

vw: phhau

Friday, 07 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home